Every member of SoberStoner Community are expected to treat gamers and members with respect and dignity, and utilize the chain of command and open door policies for ideas and issues.
Following are the responsibilities of each rank:
A Recruit is a gamer who is new to SSC. They should familiarize themselves with the rank structure and the sections within a clan. After they have decided they would like to join a section, they may request membership. After a membership request, depending on the section they choose, they may need to undergo a further review and tryouts.
Members are new members to a SSC Section. As such, time spent as a Member is geared towards getting to know the clan, the community, the section they joined, the manner in which we play, and are expected to serve as a quality representative of the community, both in-game and in their clan.
- Claim your badges and join your Sections group.
- Continue getting to know the clan by meeting other members, learning the chain of command and participating in clan/section activities and meetings
- Remain active, consistently gaming with section and clan members and regularly participating in clan activities, events, and meetings.
- Behave professionally, serve as a role model for newer members, and assist leadership in the acclimation and training of Recruits.
Lieutenants are the Section Leaders’ right hand; a SS-in-training.
Section Lieutenants Responsibilities:
- Work closely with your Section Leader to prepare for the next rank.
- If, for any reason, the Section Leader is unavailable, be prepared to step in to assist with the management of the Section.
Section Leader (SS)
A good Section Leader must possess the following qualities: leadership, the ability to positively reinforce the SSC infrastructure, sound decision making, and dedication.
Section Leaders oversee all aspects of a single Section.
Section Leader’s Responsibilities:
- Prepare your Lieutenant for the next rank by training them to fulfill your responsibilities.
- Host a weekly section meeting/event/game night to ensure that your members remain active and engaged with the section, that section issues and goals are discussed, and that Recruits are evaluated and voted on.
- Handle any issues that arise in your section.
Section Chief (SC)
As a Section Chief, he/she is a role model for the Section Leaders and all the members of his/her section.
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of multiple Sections within a Division.
Section Chiefs Responsibilities:
- Work with Section Leaders. Ensure they are properly trained to uphold their responsibilities, manage their sections effectively, and handle issues. Speak with them regularly to discuss section activity, their development and the development of their Lieutenants.
- Attend mandatory leadership meetings to keep up-to-date on community information, and host meetings to pass along necessary communication from upper leadership and ensure that issues and goals are discussed.
- Communicate issues to higher leadership that are warranted.
Division Lieutenant (SL)
Lieutenants are the Division Leaders’ right hand; a DL-in-training.
Division Lieutenants Responsibilities:
- Work closely with your Division Leader to prepare for the next rank.
- If, for any reason, the Division Leader is unavailable, be prepared to step in to assist with the management of the Sections.
Division Leader (SD)
The Division Leader position comes with many responsibilities, such as being directly responsible for running multiple successful Sections. As a Division Leader, you are a role model for all Leaders in your Division. By accepting the rank of Division Leader, you are making a commitment to be a fair and responsible leader. Often you will be pulled in many different directions so it is imperative that you exercise good judgment and patience. A Division Leader will deal with many stressful situations and must be fair but firm. A Division Leader must display sound judgment and decision making in all aspects of his/her online interaction. As always, good communication is the key to success.
Division Leaders Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of a Division (group of sections). This includes, but is not limited to, attending meetings when possible, approving transfers, preparing splits, and handling any cross-section issues that may arise.
- Work with Section Chiefs and Leaders. Ensure they are properly trained to uphold their responsibilities, manage their sections effectively, and handle issues. Speak with them regularly to discuss activity, their development and the development of their Members.
- Attend mandatory leadership meetings to keep up-to-date on community information, and host mandatory leadership meetings with Section Chiefs and Leaders to pass along necessary communication from upper leadership and ensure that section issues are discussed.
- Facilitate community communication by serving as moderator on the website, which means deciding what is or is not appropriate and giving warnings to offenders when the platform rules are violated.
- Communicate issues to higher leadership that are warranted.
- Identify and train new and upcoming leaders.
Clan Leader (SX)
Clan Leaders are responsible for SSC as a whole and all Divisions therein. Clan Leaders are the role models for the entire SoberStoner Community family. Clan Leaders are responsible for helping the Division Leaders with decisions pertaining to their specific Divisions in the community. Clan Leaders must display sound judgment and decision making in all aspects of their online interaction.
Clan Leaders Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate the Division Leaders..
- Work closely with The Council of Leaders to ensure all decisions are fair and to police any favoritism or questionable decision making that could negatively affect the community as a whole.
- Work closely with the Division Leaders to oversee all activity within his/her Division, and to ensure that all Sections are playing and operating in a professional manner within the community rank structure, and rules.
- Keep an open line of communication with all the Division Leaders and hold meetings to communicate the direction of the Clan as well as decisions made for the community.
- Randomly check all new/split Sections to ensure the rank structure is in place and that the new Section is succeeding.
- Be an Administrator on the website, which means enforcing the rules and guidelines by giving infractions or banning offending members. Monitor other Administrators/Moderators to ensure no abuse of privileges on the website are being abused. (Excessive banning, threatening members with a ban, etc.)
- Evaluate Section Leaders for promotion to Section Chiefs or Division Lieutenant.
The Council of Leaders (XX)
The Council of Leaders is made up of the founding members of SSC. The Council works within a democratic structure voting on what is best for all of SSC. These ideals keep the community from being about one person’s quest.